Happy Monday everyone! Today my blog tour starts and you’ll get recipes from Vegan Slow Cooking for Two or Just You on many of my favorite blogs over the next few weeks, along with reviews and really cool photos.
The tour begins at my good friend Linda Watson’s blog – Cook for Good. While you’re there to get the easy recipe for this fall barley-based risotto make sure to look around her site for some very thrifty vegan recipes!
While barley is not a traditional choice for risotto, the beauty of it is that it can stay in the slow cooker all day and not turn to mush like arborio rice will.
I love the way Linda went her own way and used parsnips in place of the turnips the recipe called for. To me a recipe is just a starting place. Your favorite veggies or what’s in your fridge at the moment should always have a say in the dish.
There is also a regular corn risotto in the book and it is one of the recipes that’s quick cooking at around 1 hour, but your arm won’t hurt after like a stove-top risotto!
A winner was randomly picked to win Whole Grain Vegan Baking by Celine Steen and Tamasin Noyes. The lucky person was Ashley Mauceri and I’ve emailed her the good news. Congrats Ashley!
It’s slow cooker week on Quarry Spoon and today they are featuring the Cheezy Butternut Squash Macaroni recipe from Vegan Slow Cooking for Two or Just You so it’s a banner day for vegan slow cooking on the web!
I thought I’d do a new giveaway this week and this time the winner can choose one book out of any of my 3 books (The Vegan Slow Cooker, The Great Vegan Bean Book or Vegan Slow Cooking for Two)
To win the giveaway do one or more of the following. Please note that you will need to leave a separate comment for each task you complete!
- Leave a comment on this post telling me which book you want to win
- Pin your favorite recipe from this blog on one of your boards (you can pin up to 4 and get an entry for each one you note in the comments)
- Follow Linda at Cook for Good on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/wildlyaffordable
- Tweet about this giveaway – Go to healthyslowcooking.com to win one of Kathy Hester’s books! http://healthyslowcooking.com/?p=6434
- Only if you already own on of my books – go to Amazon and write a review under the book you have telling people your favorite recipes or just a general review