Mangoes add a tropical feel to any savory dish they’re added to. With no added oil, gluten-free and soy-free, this colorful slaw will fit into almost any diet.
The slaw is simple to make. Just combine mango pulp or fresh mango chunks into a food processor with lime juice and a few spices. Whirl it up and it’s ready to go. Okay, there are a few more steps, but it’s just about that easy.
You can buy all your veggies pre-shredded and I did that for my radishes by using Dandy Radish MiniSticks. I used my food processor for the zucchini and carrots using my small shredding blade.
You can make this a main dish salad by adding some grilled tofu or tossing in some pre-cooked chickpeas or kidney beans. Both go great with the sweet and spicy Caribbean flavors. You can pretend you’re in a tropical paradise by drinking a frozen cocktail in front of the fan or your a/c. Happy summer!
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1½ cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups finely chopped green cabbage
- 2 cups finely chopped purple cabbage
- 2 (8 ounce) bags Duda Farm Fresh Dandy Radish MiniSticks
- Dressing: Flesh from 2 mangos
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon jerk seasoning
- pinch hot pepper powder, optional
- Add the carrots, zucchini, cabbage and radishes to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour dressing over the veggies in and mix well.
- This keeps in the fridge for up to 4 days.