This is great as a side for a picnic or to top a veggie burger hot off the grill. It’s creamy with coconut milk and has a little kick from Sriracha. Mincing the broccoli will fool the pickiest eater into trying a few bites.
This dish comes together in minutes, so it’s perfect for an impromptu party. I don’t use many bagged veggies, but broccoli slaw is my exception. It’s not expensive and is great to throw into stir-frys, soups, stews and salads. Plus broccoli gives a nutritional punch to any dish.
Be sure to try some on your veggie burger or veggie dog. Or bulk it up with extras for a hearty summertime salad.
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 bag (12 ounce/340 g) bag of organic broccoli slaw
- ¼ cup Roland Foods light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (leave out to make oil-free or substitute tahnini)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 to 2 teaspoons soy sauce, to taste
- toasted sesame seeds
- minced peanuts
- minced almonds
- minced onion and bell pepper
- sunflower seeds
- minced cashews
- Empty the bag of broccoli slaw into your food processor and process until minced. Scrape into a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, then pour it over the slaw and mix together.
- You can use any of the extras as garnishes or to add more texture and crunch!