It’s been too long since I’ve made a new breakfast recipe. The nice people of Tuscan Fields sent me some free farro to play with, so I started with a slow cooker breakfast!
I will warn you that this recipe is super-duper rich and fits in just as well as a dessert. If you do decide to serve this for a dessert you might stir in a tablespoon or two of spiced rum to make it even more sophisticated.
You can healthy it up by using So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk in place of the canned coconut milk, and cooking it without the sugar but just add some stevia to taste – right before serving.
Serves: serves 3 for breakfast, 4 to 6 for dessert
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- ½ cup minced pineapple (fresh or canned)
- ½ cup Tuscan Fields farro perlato (pearl)
- ¼ cup water (or pineapple juice if you use canned)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Add all the ingredients to your small slow cooker and cook overnight or about 8 to 9 hours on low. Mix well and serve topped with some fresh pineapple and a sprinkle of shredded coconut.
Be sure to let me know if you have any questions about my second book, The Great Vegan Bean Book, that releases June 1 or my third book which comes out this September, Vegan Slow Cooking for Two or Just You.
Each one is available for pre-order on Amazon today for only $10.31 today. If you pre-order now you will get the lowest price available between now and when the book releases!