These cheery pancakes are full of luxurious coconut milk. The whole wheat flour and ground flax seed make them healthier, but they do have fat in them from the coconut milk. They are a snap to make, so you could whip up a batch in no time!
I’ve always had a thing about lemon and coconut together. I had somehow forgotten about it until the other day – which immediately had me itching to create these pancakes.
I have some very exciting news, I’ve been developing some recipes for Roland® Foods! The past couple of weeks I’ve been working with their canned coconut milk which resulted in this recipe and another coming your way soon!
(For full disclosure – I was paid to develop this recipe and given free Roland Foods products. However, I was not paid to do this post on my blog.)
Serves: 15 small pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can RolandⓇ Brand coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar (or sweetener of choice, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon (about 2 teaspoons)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat or if you are using a flat-bottomed griddle heat over medium-low heat. Spray with a little oil to prevent sticking.
- Spread out ¼ cup batter per pancake. You can cook 3 to 4 at a time, but make sure to leave yourself enough room to flip them.
- Once the sides of the pancake start to set up and look dry, carefully flip and cook on the other side for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Repeat until you have cooked all the pancakes. Serve with maple syrup and a sprinkle of shredded coconut.
The Great Vegan Bean Book and Vegan Slow Cooking for Two or Just You, are now available for pre-order!