Rogue’s Hazelnut Brown Nectar has an almost caramel flavor with hints of hazelnut – and it’s vegan! It’s not overly sweet, but I though the flavors would go great in a gooey chocolate brownie with bits of hazelnut of course!
These are a little richer than my normal baked goods, but they are still healthier than most brownies. While I did use white sugar, you could substitute a different sweetener, but it will change the texture a bit.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed mixed with 4 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Rogue Ale Hazelnut Brown Nectar
- ½ cup toasted hazelnuts, minced in food processor
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a large brownie pan, a large rectangle pan or muffin tins.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. (Shift the cocoa in if it's lumpy).
- In a smaller bowl mix the pumpkin and olive oil together, then add the sugar. Once that's mixed well add the flax mixture and vanilla. Lastly mix in the beer.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and gently mix until combined. Add the hazelnuts and mix again.