This cake is full of pumpkin, pecan and oats with just enough sweetness to pull it all together. It’s the perfect fall breakfast treat.
I adore autumn. I love the multicolored leaves, the ever-so-slight chill in the air, and the very best part is I get to put pumpkin into everything. Well, the very best part is Halloween, but I can inject pumpkin into that too!
Serves: 9 servings
- dry ingredients:
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ teaspoon stevia (Nu-stevia brand)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- wet ingredients:
- ¾ cup pureed pumpkin
- ½ cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- topping ingredients:
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cups oats
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil an 8 by 8 baking pan.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in one bowl and the dry ones in a different one.
- Add all the topping ingredients to a food processor and process until it's the perfect size for a crumb topping.
- Mix the wet with the dry and spread the mixture into the oiled pan. Sprinkle topping evenly over the coffee cake.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.