Still picking zucchini and summer squash out of your garden? Here’s one more way to serve it up and it’s super easy! The best part – it cooks in your rice cooker so you can sit on your deck and enjoy fall while it’s cooking!
Perfectly cooked brown rice seasoned with Mexican herbs and spices makes a great base for any meal. Add a can of drained and rinsed black beans to make it a complete meal. The best part is it cooks in your rice cooker. That way you can sit on your deck or do a few chores while it cooks.
- 2 cups long grain brown rice (use the measure that came with your rice cooker!)
- water filled to the 2nd line in your rice cooker
- 2 cups shredded mixed summer squash
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add everything except for salt and pepper into your rice cooker. Cook on brown rice setting if you have it.
- Once it beeps that it's done add salt and pepper and taste. Adjust any of the seasonings to make it just the way you like it.