While some people avoid the “perfumey” flavors of rosewater, orange blossom water and lavender – I just love them. In fact, I use them as much as I can.
At one of my favorite restaurants, La Shish in Cary, I get this amazing drink called Lebanese ice tea. It’s a mix of lemon juice, sugar, and black tea with a little something special. It can turn a bad day good with just a few sips.
In my mind it has orange flower water in it. However, in looking up recipes, it’s mainly made with rosewater. I need to break down and ask the owner what the real scoop is. The owners are great and if you’re in the area you should stop by. Let her know you’re vegan and she’ll point you in the right direction.
This treat resembles Lebanese ice tea, but it’s frozen, with green tea, etc. I decided my version is unauthentic already so I added orange flower water. And you know what? It tastes pretty awesome.
Orange flower water is also an ingredient in my Thai Tea Concentrate, which is perfect on a hot summer day.
- 1½ cup So Delicious Vanilla Almond Plus Milk
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon orange flower water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Nu-stevia or sweetener of your choice
- pinch of xanthan gum or 1 teaspoon pectin (do not leave out - it holds it together!)
- 1½ to 2 cups ice
- In a blender mix everything except for the xanthan gum and ice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Then add xanthan gum (or pectin), ice and blend. This will keep the different ingredients from separating.