Here’s another green tea variation, this time a little closer to you-know-who’s. The color of this one is a faint green, though it didn’t capture well in the photos. You could also throw in some Swiss Chard or Kale to get a darker (and healthier) green.
I was actually going to experiment with fresh orange and then I cut my finger. I’m okay, but I did cut through the nail. That’s why my recipes always have the dicing and slicing done the night before. It’s much safer to use a knife after you’ve woken up properly. I hope it doesn’t take too long to heal, but in the meantime I have a great excuse for my typos ; )
Even with my mini-drama, I still ended up with a great frosty drink that gave me a little caffeine fix without all the calories.
The plants around the photo are my new herbs. I found a few great herb venders at the big Raleigh farmers market. I was also able to snag some lavender mint again. Make sure to check them out – it was worth the drive.
- 1½ cup So Delicious Vanilla Almond Plus Milk
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- ¼ teaspoon Nu-stevia or sweetener of your choice
- pinch of xanthan gum or 1 teaspoon pectin (do not leave out - it holds it together!)
- 2 cups ice
- orange zest for topping, optional
- In a blender mix everything except for the xanthan gum and ice. Blend until smooth.
- Then add xanthan gum (or pectin), ice and blend. This will keep the different ingredients from separating.
- You can add more almond milk if it's too thick or you can add more ice if it's too thick.