Continuing on my fancy drink exploration – this cocktail combines fresh pear with vanilla vodka and amaretto all tied together with the slightly floral flavor of cardamom.
If you can’t find any vanilla liquor you can make your own. Check on Barnivore to make sure the base vodka you use is vegan and then you just need vanilla beans and vegan sugar. It does take 2 to 3 months to make a usable liqueur, but if you start it tonight you’ll be that much closer to trying it.
Vegan Creamy Pear Cardamom Cocktail
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 medium pear – peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (vanilla if possible)
- ¼ cup vanilla vodka
- ¼ cup amaretto
- ¼ cup vanilla So Delicious Coconut Creamer
- 2 tablespoons vanilla liqueur
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons vegan sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
Add all ingredients except sweetener into a blender and blend until pear is smooth. Taste and use the amount of sweetener needed. This will depend on how ripe the pear is. Blend again and serve over ice.
You can always add an additional cup of non-dairy milk if you like your drinks a little weaker.