I love orange flower water and once I got my hands on a bottle I was hooked. It has a very delicate, sweet, floral fragrance and a delicious taste – when used sparingly. If you use too much you’ll feel like you’re eating perfume.
If you can get to a Middle Eastern Store it’s surprisingly cheap, so get yours there if you can. You can always order it online if you don’t live in the city. You can make your own if you have orange trees that aren’t sprayed. I live in North Carolina, so no orange trees for me.
** Make sure to check out my other oatmeal recipes. I have over 50 different flavors!
Serves: 2 to 3
- ½ cup (40g) steel-cut oats
- 2 cup (500ml) Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk
- ½ cup (75g) dried figs, chopped
- ½ teaspoon orange extract
- ¼ teaspoon orange flower water (food grade)
- sweetener of choice, to taste (I used 1 packet Nu Stevia)
- handful pecans, for topping
- Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later. Add the oats, milk, figs, and orange extract.
- Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
- Stir your oatmeal well and add orange flower water and sweetener. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should be a more uniform consistency.
- Top with the chopped pecans.