This oatmeal reminds me of walking into one of those fudge shops on vacation where you are surrounded by those dipped apples on sticks.
They are covered with red candy coating, caramel, chocolate, white chocolate, even flavored coatings that look vaguely like chocolate but taste like peanut butter.
Some of them are even double dipped and this one is what I think a white chocolate peanut butter apple would taste like. Only not on a stick…and…well… in oatmeal.
Most white chocolate is not vegan, but Peanut Butter and Co. White Chocolate Wonderful is, and is my favorite way to eat it.
** Make sure to check out my other oatmeal recipes. There is no reason to get bored with your oatmeal this year!
Serves: 2 to 3
- ½ cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter and Co. White Chocolate Wonderful (or plain peanut or almond butter)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- sweetener if needed - I did not add any since the peanut butter I used is sweetened.
- Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later. Add everything to the crock.
- Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
- Stir your oatmeal well. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should become a more uniform consistency.
- Top with extra chopped apple and/or peanuts if desired.
**See Page Link on Menu Bar to get to Slow Cooker Oatmeal FAQS