Here’s another teaser from The Vegan Slow Cooker. It comes out October 1.
Stews are the perfect way to start using your slow cooker while you are away at work. They need the least attention and shouldn’t over cook if you come home a little late.
However, if you are going to be very late or find that your slow cooker runs particularly hot add an extra 1/2 to 1 cup of liquid to make sure it doesn’t burn. Typically, I do this the first time I cook a dish and then gauge from the result how much liquid I’ll use in the future.
Steamy Stews and Curries that Save the Day
1. Soy Chorizo Black Bean Stew
2. White Bean and Kale Stew
3. Asian-Style Winter Stew
4. Veggie Gumbo with Cheater Roux
5. Mojito Pinto Beans
6. Cheater Chili
7. Tofu Bouillabaisse
8. Chinese-Style Eggplant in Garlic Sauce
9. Hard Cider and Cabbage Stew
10. Thai Red Curry Tofu and Veggies
11. Caribbean Mango Black Beans
12. Not-My-Grandmother’s Beefy Stew
13. Sweet Potato and Chard Dal
14. Chana Saag (Indian Greens with
15. Baigan Bharta (Eggplant Curry)
16. Easy Veggie Chickpea Biryani
17. Butter Chick’n