This oatmeal is not based on the super fancy French macaroons. I grew up with macaroon cookies that were big piles of moist coconut that sometimes had almonds or chocolate chips in them.
It has a bold and soothing flavor plus it’s easy to throw together in the slow cooker when you think you just can’t do one more thing before you go to bed!
Serves: 2 or 3
- ½ cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk
- ½ cup finely shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 - 2 tablespoons sweetener
- (I used agave)
- Slivered almonds and extra coconut for topping
- Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later.
- Add everything but sweetener.
- Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
- Stir your oatmeal well. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should become a more uniform consistency.
- Stir in sweetener and top with slivered almonds and extra coconut.
**(See Page Link on Menu Bar to get to Slow Cooker Oatmeal FAQS)