I lived in New Orleans for 12 years. One of the things I looked forward to was the snowball stands re-opening when the weather got warm. They had dozens of flavors and even more combos. My favorite was the wedding cake flavor which is a mostly vanilla almond flavor. Every good snowball stand makes their own syrups so the snowballs taste slightly different depending on where you go.
This oatmeal has a vanilla almond base with a hint of coconut from the extract if you use it. It’s creamy and rich, a perfect way to welcome Spring.
Slow Cooker Wedding Cake Oatmeal
2 to 3 servings
**This recipe uses a smaller slow cooker that’s 1 1/2 to 2 quarts
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill steel-cut oats (they have a gluten-free one as well)
- 2 cups Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons sweetener
- 1/4 cup Vanilla So Delicious Coconut Yogurt + paste from 1/2 vanilla bean
The night before: Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later. Add everything except sweetener and toppings. Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
In the morning: Stir your oatmeal well. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should become a more uniform consistency. Stir in sweetener.
Top each serving with the vanilla creme topping. It will add sweetness and extra vanilla flavor.
**(See Page Link on Menu Bar to get to Slow Cooker Oatmeal FAQS)