Here’s another oatmeal to bring out the kid in you. I have a crazy oatmeal theme in mind for next week, so stay tuned for more oatmeal madness.
I’m not sure if you know that regular marshmallows are not vegan yet, but I had to break the news…they have gelatin and aren’t even vegetarian. However, Sweet and Sarah have an amazing variety of vegan marshmallows that are super tasty. If they aren’t in your area yet, you can order from them directly.
Yesterday I found out that my upcoming book, The Vegan Slowcooker, is on Amazon and available for pre-order already! Of course that called for a celebration. A few friends and I went out to my favorite wine bar that serves local food – 6 Plates. They don’t always have vegan food on the menu, but they are always happy to help you veganize something. After a couple of glasses of wine and a delicious flat bread topped with a lentils, beets, and arugula, and drizzled with a lemon-champagne vinaigrette, I had just enough energy to make some oatmeal.
I promise more dinner recipes are on the way as soon as I actually cook them. On my plan is a ginger, garlic mushroom soup that’s perfect when you have a cold, and another lasagna with lots of greens. Hopefully the weekend will be kind and I’ll have the recipes for you next week.
If you’re as excited about the book as I am, you can click like it at Amazon or add it to your wish list.
Serves: 2 to 3 servings
- ½ cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- s'mores topping:
- ¼ cup finely chopped vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup finely chopped graham crackers
- ¼ cup Sweet and Sarah vegan mini marshmallows
- (or if you want to be more moderate - you can use less but still equal parts of each)
- Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later.
- Add oats, vanilla and milk.
- Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
- Stir your oatmeal well. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should become a more uniform consistency.
- Put a big scoop of the smores topping on and mix it in to melt the chocolate and marshmallows.
**See Page Link on Menu Bar to get to Slow Cooker Oatmeal FAQS