A piping hot bowl of chili is perfect to enjoy the chilly fall and winter nights. Since it’s ready when you get home you can just jump into your fleece pjs and eat a bowl by the fire. Go ahead and take a night off from worries and chores.
Slow Cooker Vegan White Chick’n Chili
- 2 cans (15 ounce, or 425g) white beans (or 3 cups homemade)
- 2 cups veggie broth (or water mixed with 2 Tbl chicken-less seasoning)
- 1/2 small chopped onion
- 1 can (14.5 ounce, or 411g) diced tomatoes (or 1 1/2 cup homemade)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 packages Lightlife chicken strips (or 4 servings vegan chick’n), chopped
- 1 can (4 ounce/113g) green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or other hot chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (in a pinch use the little freezer cubes from Trader Joe’s – they have garlic and basil too!)
Put everything except for the cilantro into the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 – 9 hours. You can cook this on high for 3 to 4 hours if you are in a hurry. Taste and re-season as needed. Stir in cilantro before serving.
Top with vegan bacon bits and some shredded vegan cheddar cheese like Daiya.
If you want you can substitute tofu or tempeh chunks for the chick’n strips.