For Valentine’s day I wasn’t sure what to get for my other half. We are off of sugar – so no chocolate hearts for us this year…so I got creative and made us bowls of chocolate oatmeal. Trust me, it tastes way better than it sounds!
Serves: 2 - 3
- ½ cup steel cut oats (*get oats marked gluten-free )
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 Tb cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅛ - ¼ tsp stevia
- 1 Tb agave nectar
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Put everything in the slow cooker except for the almond milk. If you haven't used stevia before you may want to start with ⅛ of a tsp and add more later. Stevia gets bitter as soon as you add too much.
- Cook on low 8 hours.
- Stir the oatmeal and add the almond milk. Now you're ready to have some chocolate for breakfast!
- Try topping with cocoa nibs, slivered almonds, coconut, etc.