Small 1 1/2 or 2 quart slow cookers are one of my favorite appliances. You can make breakfast in it while you sleep or cook dinner for 2 while you’re out at work. It’s pretty magical. Today I have one of my favorite soup recipes Autumn Harvest Veggie Soup at the bottom of this post. I suggest you have this for dinner this weekend!
Serves: 2 servings
- 2 cups (475 g) water
- 1½ cups (210 g) diced winter squash
- 1 cup (88 g) shredded brussels sprouts
- ½ cup (65 g) diced carrots
- ¼ cup (38 g) diced bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons (11 g) cooked onion or ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 vegan bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 teaspoons (2 g) dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toasted minced pecans for garnish, optional
- Add everything except the last three ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Before serving, add apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper. Serve with a sprinkling of toasted pecans.