Small 1 1/2 or 2 quart slow cookers are one of my favorite appliances. You can make breakfast in it while you sleep or cook dinner for 2 while you’re out at work. It’s pretty magical. Today I have one of my favorite soup recipes Autumn Harvest Veggie Soup at the bottom of this post. I suggest you have this for dinner this weekend!
Slow Cooker Autumn Harvest Veggie Soup for 2
You can’t go wrong with brussels sprouts and winter squash. Put them in a soup together, add sage, thyme, a hint of apple cider vinegar, and you’ll be eating a bowl of fall for dinner.
- 2 cups (475 g) water
- 1 1/2 cups (210 g) diced winter squash
- 1 cup (88 g) shredded brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup (65 g) diced carrots
- 1/4 cup (38 g) diced bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons (11 g) cooked onion or 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 vegan bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 teaspoons (2 g) dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toasted minced pecans for garnish, optional
- Add everything except the last three ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Before serving, add apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper. Serve with a sprinkling of toasted pecans.
If you have an singles or couples on your holiday list try getting them Vegan Slow Cooking for Two or Just You and a 2-quart slow cooker. It’s a great combo for new vegans, empty nesters, retirees and those who want just enough vegan food. A 2-quart slow cooker is small enough to fit in a dorm room, tiny apartment, or travel with you in your RV!