Food and Wine has declared 2016 the year of vegan cheese! That is pretty amazing and we’re lucky to have all the options we do now. There are still many great homemade options. Today I have 15 Vegan Cheese Recipes that you can make in your very own home!
Vegan cheese may seem impossible, but some ingredients that regularly appear in vegan food give a cheesy taste to dishes and one of my favorites is nutritional yeast. It tastes good and it’s good for you, what more can you ask of an ingredient?
Cashews are delicious plain but soaked and blended they have a creamy consistency that makes a wonder faux goat cheese or sour cream. Be sure to look through all of these. Some are from HSC, but others are from some of my very favorite bloggers!
In a hurry? Go straight to any of the recipes below:
- Nava Atlas’ Smoky Vegan Cheddar Cheez
- Homemade Vegan Avocado Cashew Cream Cheese
- Susan Voisin’s Cheesy Cauliflower Sauce
- Somer McCowan’s Kick Ace Extra Sharp Raw Vegan Holiday Cheddar Cheese Ball
- Slow Cooker Vegan Pimento Cheese
- Angela McKee’s Spicy Cashew Cheeze
- Creamy Vegetable-based Vegan Cheese Sauce
- Ann Oliverio’s Tofu Farmer’s Cheez
- Hummus-based Vegan Fondue
- Cara Reed’s Raw Vegan “Goat” Cheese
- Jackie Sobon’s Smoky Mac Stuffed Sweet Potato
- Instant Pot Vegan Mac and Cheese with Soy Curls
- Dianne Wenz’s Green and White Pizza
- Slow Cooker Vegan Au Gratin Potatoes
- Allyson Kramer’s Pear and Ginger Ricotta Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Drizzle